At Tim Leeper Roofing, we want you to have a great experience with us, and we have found that informed customers are usually happier! That is why we are taking time in our blogs to share what you need to know before you get into roof replacement. We want you to feel like you’re not out of your depth.
In today’s blog, we are going to cover the general roof replacement process. That way, if you get your roof replaced, you can keep an eye on the process and not be taken advantage of. Before we go any further, we want to explain what roofers mean when they say “square.” This term refers to 100 square feet of roofing. It generally takes three to four bundles of shingles to cover a square. Now, onto the roof replacement insights!
- If you have a moderately-sized roof, a professional removal and installation should take no more than four days.
- The company should remove your old shingles, put them into a roll-off bin, and take them away without damaging your property.
- Your roof deck should be repaired if that is needed. Your roofer should make allowances for plywood purchases in the contract!
- Ice dam protection will be installed if you choose to have it.
- Asphalt paper will be laid down on the bare roof decking.
- The company will apply roof shingles from the eaves and moving up.
- Metal flashing will be applied wherever water may gather and leak, such as seams and around the chimney.
At Tim Leeper Roofing, we will be transparent and honest about our process at all times. Contact us for elite roofing services you won’t find anywhere else in Tennessee!