It’s not even winter yet and the Middle Tennessee area is preparing for a second round of snowfall this week.
There is actually a good chance the area will see two more days of snow in the current 7-day forecast . Here are 5 tips to follow for winterizing your home.
- Be energy efficient and keep the cold out by installing storm windows or covering your windows with sturdy plastic.
- Fill in any cracks around windows and doors with caulk or weather stripping.
- Insulate pipes and remove hoses from outdoor water faucets.
- Be sure to have a good snow shovel and keep plenty of rock salt or sand on hand for slippery driveways and walks.
- Look around the yard to determine if any trees might pose a hazard to the house if they were to fall. Consider having them removed by a professional tree service.
- Insulate your attic
Remember, if you already have damage to your roof contact us. We can come out to cover your roof with an emergency tarp to prevent further damage from occurring. Have a tip about winter roof maintenance? Share your experience with us!